Creativity Australia is building a happier, healthier, more inclusive nation through the life-changing With One Voice program.
We bridge the gap between people experiencing disadvantage and those more fortunate through the neuro-scientific benefits of community singing. We build supportive networks that help people connect to brighter futures.
Loneliness is the global epidemic of our times. More than 2 in 5 people feel socially isolated and unheard. This leads to mental and physical health issues and economic disadvantage.
Together, we can change the world… one voice at a time.
Creativity Australia is a charity founded in 2008 by award-winning social entrepreneur and soprano Tania de Jong AM.
Tania de Jong’s TEDx talk ‘How Singing Together Changes The Brain’, has sparked global interest. Pilot With One Voice programs are now under development around Australia and the world.
We value inclusion that builds an environment of acceptance and belonging.
Enjoyment and Empowerment
We also emphasise:
Community – which develops trust, teamwork and wellbeing
Partnerships – which build strong, collaborative and purposeful relationships
Knowledge sharing – we are enriched by social exchange and expert advice
Joy – in hope, happiness, contribution and participation
Creativity Australia was founded in 2008 by award-winning social entrepreneur and soprano Tania de Jong AM.
It is a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) 1 charity and all donations are fully tax deductible. This includes participant contributions.
Read our Annual Report to learn more about the charity and the impact we create. Creativity Australia has been recognised as one of the SMART 100 most innovative organisations (Anthill) in Australia for the past 5 years. Creativity Australia received the Melbourne Award 2016 for Contribution to Community by a Community Organisation.
THE WITH ONE VOICE CHOIRS
Creativity Australia’s With One Voice choirs welcome people from all faiths, cultures and backgrounds, aged 9 to 90. Age, race, language, religion, disability and disadvantage fade away.
The choirs are led by professional conductors and meet weekly, followed by supper.
Through the innovative Wish List program, participants grant one another wishes big and small: such as free music lessons, language and computer tuition, assistance with resumes, mentors and finding jobs. The choirs help people connect to whatever they need in life: friends, mentors, wellbeing, self-esteem, networks, skills and employment. Over 3000 wishes have been granted so far!
Participation is by tax deductible donation.
Are you looking for a joyful creative outlet? Perhaps you are struggling with stress, mental illness, loneliness or unemployment? Whoever you are and whatever language you speak, you are warmly invited to join us in song.
The neuroscience of singing is proven to make people happier, healthier, smarter and more creative.
When diverse people sing together on a regular basis, we create supportive communities better-placed to solve some of society’s biggest challenges, such as mental illness, cultural tension and unemployment.
Through the Wish List, participants grant one another wishes big and small, such as free music lessons, language tuition and jobs.
- Donate / Fundraise
- The Science of Singing
- TEDx Talk: ‘How Singing Together Changes The Brain’ by Tania de Jong AM
- 11 years
- 35+ programs
- Thousands of participants
- 4,100+ wishes granted
- 100+ volunteers
- 1000+ inspiring performances
- Thousands of work experience, skills, mentoring and employment opportunities
- Thousands of connections to health and social services
- National and international interest to commence new programs
- Development of the With One Voice Social Franchise Model
The With One Voice program is recognised as one of Australia’s top social innovations Participant surveys and testimonials reveal the impact of the program, but we invite you to experience a With One Voice choir first-hand!
Here are some key statistics from a recent Program Evaluation by Swinburne University.
- 98% of participants experience less stress
- 91% use the program to bond with others
- 84% say they have made new friends/relationships
- 79% have learned new things
- 71% have improved community involvement
- 66% feel less depressed (30% neither agreed nor disagreed because not everyone who comes to the program is depressed)
- 60% have gained improved understanding of other cultures and people
- 52% say granting wishes and helping others has enriched their life
Currently around 68% of With One Voice choir members are subsidised… a figure which has improved by around 10% in recent months! We would love your generosity to support more disadvantaged participants.
Find out more:
Creativity Australia supports and engages with a broad range of people, organisations and groups including:
- Job seekers
- Older adults
- People experiencing mental or physical illness
- People experiencing economic or social disadvantage
- Regional and isolated individuals, groups and communities
- Organisations helping individuals in need
- Organisations and individuals wanting to make a difference
- Executives and professionals seeking meaning
- People seeking confidence or self-esteem
- People who want to find their voice
- All people seeking joy, hope, harmony, health and happiness!