Creative programs that transform lives
Marketing, Communications and Events Coordinator Role
Marketing, Communications and Events Coordinator
Are you looking for:
- An opportunity to apply your all-rounder marketing and communications skills to one of Australia’s top social innovations?
- An opportunity to use your excellent strategic brain, creativity and initiative to make a positive impact on communities around Australia and beyond?
- An opportunity to make a difference to people in need through an inspirational arts-health program?
- An opportunity to bring the joy of singing to the greater public?
Then come join us!
WHO WE ARE
Creativity Australia is a national charity. Our mission is to build a happier, healthier and more inclusive nation.
Our With One Voice program allows us to bridge the gap between people experiencing disadvantage and those more fortunate through the neuro-scientific benefits of community singing. Our Sing For Good campaign allows us to share the joy of song.
Together, we can change the world one voice at a time!
To find out more, visit www.creativityaustralia.org.au
THE ROLE: MARKETING, COMMUNICATIONS and EVENTS COORDINATOR
- Increase awareness of and engagement with the With One Voice choir program and its growing network of affiliates:
- create an impactful brand that permeates all operations, including copy, design, social media and events
- secure regular and diverse media coverage
- help coordinate events that showcase the program and inspire new members, donors and choirs, including the annual With One BIG Voice Concert
- write articles and awards applications as required
- coordinate website updates and improvements
- create communication campaigns that connect and engage the public to our With One Voice
- Develop Sing for Good into an international singing movement, with high levels of engagement and awareness:
- create and implement a dynamic strategy for Sing for Good 2016
- develop and nurture fruitful partnerships with ambassadors, community groups, creative agencies and media to amplify the project
- secure impactful digital advertising and media coverage to amplify Sing for Good to new audiences
- schedule regular, targeted, on-message social media content across all channels
- develop campaigns within Sing for Good that engage target demographics
- work with web developer to improve the website / online platform for entries, fundraising and donations
- coordinate exciting Sing for Good events
- Enhance Creativity Australia’s communications, processes and resources:
- create and implement a responsive plan for social media, digital advertising, Google AdWords and other tools; provide regular analytics reports and act on key trends
- create and distribute regular, targeted EDMs and choir communications, achieving excellent readership, CTR and conversions
- engage and manage photographers, videographers and designers (pro bono) to best showcase our programs and people
- coordinate and maintain all graphic design/key documents including one-pagers, annual reports, posters, signage, flyers and brochures
- create, or coordinate creation of, promotional videos
- plan and implement integrated fundraising campaigns, including direct mail
- report to Board on KPIs and project milestones
- Exceptional writing skills, including perfect spelling and grammar, an innate ability to convey (and evolve) our “voice” and the ability to incorporate feedback
- Exceptional speed, efficiency and attention to detail
- Exceptional systems and technical skill (content management systems, Hootsuite, Google analytics, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and more)
- Excellent verbal communication and emotional intelligence
- Strong media liaison skills
- Excellent strategic thinking
- Proven partnership development skills
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Concise reporting skills
- Five or more years of relevant experience
- Proven track record in managing marketing and communications campaigns that exceed expectations, with an emphasis on creativity and community engagement
- Experience establishing systems and processes to implement, automate or streamline core functions
- Experience leading and motivating diverse teams
- Experience developing and nurturing dynamic partnerships
- Well-developed network of media contacts an advantage
- Entrepreneurial and autonomous self-starter with initiative to not only identify and develop new opportunities, but deliver clear results
- Capacity to be flexible and undertake the range of duties efficiently in a variety of contexts and times
- Empathy when dealing with people from diverse cultural, linguistic, religious and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Passion for social enterprise and the arts
- Southbank office; after hours choir visits and events in Melbourne surrounds and occasionally interstate
- Driver’s license & own car
As we are a small, high-performing organisation, candidates must be exceptionally efficient, agile when juggling multiple tasks and prepared to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must have bags of positivity, a big-picture focus and the willingness to help out the team wherever required.
How to apply for this job
Applications will be considered in order of receipt. Salary range is $60-$70,000 + Super, with the benefit of a $15,000 tax exempt component and 5 weeks annual leave. To apply, send the following to email@example.com, using the subject line: “Marketing, Communications and Events Coordinator Application”
- Your resume
- A cover letter detailing the five points that make you the perfect candidate
- A small portfolio showcasing few examples of your work