Australia Day gigs
January 23, 2014
Dear With One Voice choirs
Happy New Year from the team at Creativity Australia! We hope you have had a wonderful festive season.
Most choirs will recommence for 2014 in the first week of February, except for Footscray Sings, which will start in the second week.
GIGS ON AUSTRALIA DAY
Please join us for TWO AMAZING PERFORMANCES on AUSTRALIA DAY, Sunday 26 January 2014. This is an opportunity for us to unite the entire Victorian With One Voice singing community to celebrate!
1. AUSTRALIA DAY PARADE
Along Swanston Street
|9.45am||Meet at assembly point (corner of Bourke & Swanston Streets, Melbourne CBD) for rehearsal of songs and basic choreography with conductor Kym. We are group number 43 in the parade.|
|10:15am||All participants must gather back at assembly point for marshalling|
|10.30am||All quiet for flag-raising ceremony|
|11am-12pm||Australia Day Parade|
The Parade will finish at the Queen Victoria Gardens/Kings Domain where you can meet friends/family and join in the celebrations. The main stage will entertainment all day, including jazz musician James Morrison, so there will be plenty to do until you need to meet up at 1:00pm.
2. RACV SOUNDS OF AUSTRALIA CONCERT
Queen Victoria Gardens
|1pm||Meet at side of community performance stage for brief rehearsal|
|1.35pm-2.10pm||PerformanceNote: There will be a manned dressing room near the stage where you can leave your gear during the performance.|
- This special event is a very long day.
- You must be prepared to cope with crowds, weather and lots of standing/walking. Bring a smile and oodles of patience.
- Imagine how hard it is to get a huge group of people to march and sing together! Please listen very carefully to Kym and the CA team – with your help, the day will run like clockwork.
- All participants must bring: a bottle of water, sunscreen and hat. Do not bring valuables or large bags.
- Please wear black and your With One Voice t-shirt.
“How singing together changes the brain”
Click below to enjoy Tania’s recent presentation at TEDx Melbourne on the neuroscience of singing! It’s getting thousands of views, so please watch and share to help it go viral and help us get more support for the With One Voice program.
ROAR INTO AUTUMN
Tania is running a special “find your voice” workshop at the beautiful Amarant Retreat this March, featuring singing and raw food. Click here for details.