Melbourne Sings: Diwali gig information, invitations to two new choirs & filming
October 24, 2013
Dear Melbourne Sings
IMPORTANT GIG INFORMATION
Diwali Festival of Lights
Here are the details for your performance this Saturday 26 October at Federation Square:
- Choir meets from 4pm-4.30pm at the Deakin Edge, Federation Square (Kathlin will meet you and walk with you down to the security marquee/stage area at 4.30pm sharp)
- All choir participants will need a security band to enter the stage area, so no late comers will be able to be accommodated
- Performance is at 5pm (Jai Ho is the last song of the set)
- Lyric sheets will be available
- Bags will be left in the staff area behind the stage, that will be manned during the performance
- Everyone must wear black and their With One Voice t-shirt (with sari accessories, for those who wish to wear them, as discussed at choir last Tuesday)
The organisers of Diwali at Federation Square warmly invite you to join them earlier in the afternoon, before your performance, to enjoy the wonderful performances, food and excitement of the Festival. The whole event runs from 12noon to 9.30pm. Click here for more details on the Diwali Festival of Lights.
YOU’RE INVITED TO TWO NEW CHOIRS
You may have heard that Creativity Australia is currently running a short-term choir in Richmond, in partnership with Mission Australia. We would love you to come along and enjoy this free choir and help introduce the Richmond community to the joy of song, With One Voice-style! Please click here to view the poster, and share the invitation with friends, family and colleagues.
Altona Meadows Sings
Creativity Australia is launching a new choir in Altona Meadows! Everyone is welcome to join us for the launch in November, with rehearsals starting in February 2014. Please help us start this choir with a bang by circulating the invitation to your networks. Follow these links to view the Altona Meadows Sings Launch Invitation and the Altona Meadows Sings choir poster.
NEXT TUESDAY’S REHEARSAL
T-Shirts & Filming
A film crew is making a documentary about Beth and they will be in attendance at the next rehearsal of Melbourne Sings (Tuesday 29 October). Please wear black and your With One Voice t-shirt for this special occasion. During supper, Suzanne will also be filming some brief interviews with anyone who would like to be involved for our special “I Wish…” project. This video will celebrate the With One Voice program and support our Christmas appeal. We’re visiting all choirs this week and next, asking people to tell us their wish, to camera. It could be a wish for you, a wish for the choir, a wish for the world, or something you are grateful for. We hope that many of you would like to take part.